Monday, November 7, 2011

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Works in Some Cases

Usually I'm rather depressed driving home from a great vacation, but this time on the way home from Tennessee, Don and I were driving just east of Atlanta to a goat farm to pick up my herd sire.  When I knew we would be in Tennessee, I started googling Nigerian Goat farms in Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.  North Carolina and Georgia seem to have the most goat farms by far.  I love the internet; it opens up so many possibilities.  I'm not sure Don concurs. I was looking for a blue eyed baby buck that I could bottle feed that also had good bloodlines.  It had to be born less than a month from when we would be headed back home.  Remember, I did the same thing with Google when my sisters and I went to Tulsa, but I got a blue eyed doe.  I want to avoid having a goat that I have not seen shipped on a plane, so if I'm going near there, that's perfect.
They have the best structures at this farm.





I found the perfect little buck at The Double Durango Farm.  http://doubledurangofarm.com/index.html

We left the farm about 2:30 and knew we would not make it home in one day. 
For one thing, the Saints football game was at 7:00.

So just before we reached Tuscaloosa, Alabama about 6:00, we started looking for a hotel.  Don was very nervous about going into a hotel with a goat.  I was pretty sure we could pull it off. I had bought dry shampoo, in case the little goat smelled and diapers. When we pulled up to The Greystone Hotel, I went over the strategy. I include the picture so you know it was not a flea bag motel.  Don was to look for a "no pets allowed" sign. For sure I told him, don't ask about a pet policy.  I learned the hard way in high school, if you are going to do something, don't ask or tell about it ahead of time. 

Anyway, if Don didn't see such a sign, then ask for a room on the first floor at the far end, where we had already check out a side entrance door with a keypad. It wouldn't be cool to go through the lobby or have to use the elevator with little Billy Shakespeare crying in a pet crate. 

Don was very please when he returned with the keycard to room 101.  I drove to the side, while Don walked down the hall to our room.  It was perfect!  We had discovered that Billy Shakespeare would not use the bathroom in the crate; therefore, I would need to make frequent trips with him out the side door.  



It was a great evening.  We watched the Saints play a great football game, while I fed and played with the new kid. 


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely PRECIOUS! I don't know which picture I like best. Everyone should vote here

    ____ Charlotte snuggling with Kennedy


    _____ Charlotte & Billy rubbing noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football and a baby goat. It don't get any better than that! :-)

    Take care and have a nice day :-)

    And thanks for your recent comment on My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story! We were once traveling across country with 3 dogs. We always picked hotels that allowed "One well-behaved dog" in a room.....only one of our dogs was well behaved. The over two were hellions. Worked out just fine!!

    PS...we have Nigerian dwarves, too.....ours are a bit on the chubby side!

    Bev
    Bee Haven Acres

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would lecture you but this is too cute to warrant a lecture! However- it is easier for me to ask permission than forgiveness! That whole ask later never works out well for me! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny... And sneaky. Maybe I overlooked it but how did you choose the kid's name....

    I am currently a 3rd grade teacher, enjoying exposing them the love of reading....

    I found you on best posts.... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete