Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Giving the Goats Some Attention

Nothing was happening with just having Billy Shakespeare in a separate pen and every few days moving Dottie Belle into the pen with him.  He spends a good part of his day crying when he is alone.  So I gave up and 8 days ago moved him into the pen with the 3 girls.  I just wonder how many kids to expect the end of September.  Actually, I'm thinking I will move him and Dottie Belle back to his pen in a few days.  I do want to have some idea, if I find that I have a pregnant goat, when to expect delivery.  But for now I don't see any signs of any goat love.


Today was the day for worming the goats and giving them their tetanus shots.  We weighed each one and then used the great milking stand I got for Christmas to administer the worming medicine and shot.
Honey Bunny



Honey Bunny- 15 months old weighed 53 lbs.

One can easily tell that Honey Bunny is not a bottle baby.  You will not find any silly poses of her.  She is a very dignified animal. 


 Well as for the 3 bottle baby goats, I have all kinds of silly pictures and videos of them



Dottie Belle

Dottie Belle - 
14 months old weighed 46 lbs.















BS is begging to get in the girls' pen.



 Billy Shakespeare -
8 months old weighed 36 lbs.


Gypsy - 13 months old weighed 30 lbs.




Billy Shakespeare is still very much a pet.  He is really the only one who was happy with all the attention.  So he got brushed and his hooves trimmed.



14 comments:

  1. I'm learning so much about goats. Someday maybe I"ll go to a petting zoo and pet one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful goats with great names! I can't believe you haven't seen any "goat love" yet. Our billy that went away could not stop showing his goat love to all the girls. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Well Billie tries, but the girls are not impressed. You know it has to be on that magical day of the month. Whatever--I'm new at this just like my darling goats.

      Delete
  3. I just love them when they're babies! So cute. Too bad they have to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on my post. Yes I love that I can actually hold them when they are babies. But these are all grown, and they are very cute and cuddly still because I bottle feed 3 of them. Honey Bunny is just beautiful.

      Delete
  4. These guys are too cute :o) I live in the city, so no goats for me...Just goat dreams...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd be stressed not knowing if the females were pregnant or when they might be due. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goats are such curious characters that they can keep you well supplied in surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures...they are way cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love them!! How adorable! Thanks for sharing them!
    I'm a new follower and hope you will join me:
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some very cute goats. The little one in the last picture is precious. I bet she will get that hairbrush turned around one day and be a big helper with the goat.:) Thanks for linking up to Chats on the Farmhouse Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think if I had goats, I'd spend my day watching them and taking photos of them! They are just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your goats are gorgeous! That last photo has me smiling still : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute post... your goats are beautiful... that Honey Bunny is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete