Friday, April 19, 2013

My Mini Urban Farm Needs a Fowl Psychologist

I had my pearls and boots on;  all ready to do my School Board Member duty of attending the Student on the Year Banquet at 6:00. 
It has been a very rainy and stormy day so that set-up a rather slippery situation.


Before I leave in the late afternoon, I have to let Big Foot the rooster out, so when it gets dark the hens can go in the coop for the night.  I have  to manage him very carefully, because he attacks females; especially me.  So I let the hens out in the morning and he only gets out at the end of the day, when I am not going to go outside again until dark.  My only other option is to get my son-in-law to kill him.  Big Foot is giant size and really wants to hurt me.

So tonight before heading out to the banquet, I had to let Big Foot out of the coop.  I always have a big stick in my hand just in case I need it; which I do at least half the time. Well of course, this would be one of those afternoons when he chases me and almost caught me.  But just as I got to the carport I started slipping and I could have landed face first on the concrete or on a large holly fern in the flower bed.  Apparently my subconscious chose the holly fern. I had just had an encounter with the sidewalk 10 days ago and I am still on the mend.  At least the rooster stopped.  He was probably laughing.

So instead of going to the banquet, I got out of my muddy clothes and watched TV in my pajamas all night with my hurt ankles, neck and right thigh; to say nothing of my pride and feelings.

My husband pointed out that both male fowls, Big Foot and Donald, have a lot of aggression toward me.  That maybe the 3 of us should get some psychological help or at least the one  that allows the other 2 to continue to live on our property? 

I need a male fowl whisperer immediately.
Come on out here so I can bite you.





3 comments:

  1. oh, that's terrible! i could not live with an attack rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop. Turn around. Stand your ground with these bullies. Lower your voice an octave and tell them off. Don't screech.
    It isn't funny to be chased by these bullies. I hope you didn't have any serious injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry falling is not funny. I fell twice with nothing chasing me. Read my new blog it is about you.

    ReplyDelete