Friday, December 16, 2011

My Christmas/Birthday Present From My Husband

It seems to shine like a diamond.
My dear husband ordered my Christmas/Birthday present tonight.  Because my birthday is January 7th, I often request combination gifts so I can get more expensive ones.  I have found that when I want him to get me a present, it is best if I decide what, show it to him and then order it with his credit card.  He finds that easy too.  I know some ladies get diamonds and such, well those I wouldn't even bother to request.  I'm a very practical sort; except I have goats in a city.  Just forget the city part; I sure have.  I have been searching for months for the right goat milking stand.  I found plans for my son-in-law to make me a wooden one.  But then I was surfing the internet and found this very light weight one that I can easily move,  fold up and put out of the way.  It should arrive on the 23rd.
http://www.birchridgefarm.com/goatstands.html  

It is made at Birch Ridge Farm in Vermont.  Of course shipping from there to Louisiana by UPS was $65.
So the girls and Billy Shakespeare will be trying it out for their Christmas pedicures.

7 comments:

  1. what a great gift to ask for... so functional... that's the kind of gifts i like....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diamonds aren't always a girl's best friend?...GREAT present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and reading my post, charlotte. I am a follower of yours and do keep up with your posts...... But, I don't see my icon on your followers list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog today :). My brother is a 12/26 baby, at 41 years old I think he feels a bit short changed for xmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a woman after my own heart hehe...I love it...I asked for a hay fork this yr :)

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much more useful than a diamond! My husband and I have been talking about getting goats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you shop! It works for me, too.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete