Thursday, March 22, 2012

How Did I Get That Confused?



Sunday, my husband decided we should go to an afternoon movie.  First we checked what was showing at the Robinson Theater and didn't find anything.  So I said, "I want to see the movie with Denzel Washington in it."  So I went to the Tinsel Town site and it said, Act of Valor at 1:35.  So off we went to see Denzel in Act of Valor.

 After sitting through 40 minutes of the movie, I whispered to Don, "I don't think we are going to see Denzel Washington in this movie."  So Don asked me if I wanted to go. He was not enjoying Act of Valor 
You have to know, that I will sit through some of the worse movies just because I have bought a ticket and I feel committed.  But I wanted to see the Denzel Washington movie.  So Don went to the restroom and I went to the front and found the manager.  I told him I must have confused movies and asked could I switch.  Don and I decided we would come back on Monday instead of waiting for the next show.  The manager was very nice to his confused customer and I got to see the Denzel movie,  Safe House, Monday afternoon.  It was very good.  Act of Valor is war and a lot of violence. Safe House is CIA spy action and also violent, but it had Denzel.

Don was pretty amazed that I would go ask to change our tickets.  But I'm better about it when it is my mistake rather than someone else's.

4 comments:

  1. I am so surprised they gave you tickets. I hear theaters make most of their money off concessions though, so the must be counting on you to get the family pack : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrel said that is how i act when the cops stops me for anything like a sweet confuse little ole Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for asking about asking for another time, another movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! We should all be prepared to do this more often - but never in the same place twice ...

    ReplyDelete