Saturday, March 3, 2012

Woodpecker At Work

Today I managed to get my camera and video this woodpecker working as hard as can be in the pecan tree in my back yard.  This pecan tree is a favorite feature in our yard.  It produces lots of pecans, that we never get thanks to many well-fed squirrels. In the background you can hear one of my goats.


5 comments:

  1. Pecans? My Dad was an old prairie farmer and he spent about twenty winters in Phoenix. Most of the pecans were wasted. Dad would ask if he could pick them. Then he sat in the shade with friends and shelled them . He gave them to visitors. I was one of those visitors. How awesome to have pecans from the tree rather than the store bought pecans. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by since you did the same from BPOTW long time ago.

    Great vid . good to see spring is in the air on your side too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out there and pick up those pecans and make some pecan pralines!!!! Yummm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our seven little pecan trees were lost in the drought last year. That isn't stopping the woodpeckers from gathering in our little forest though. I try to get photographs of them but they are too high up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the same kind of woodpecker as I have. I think he looks like he is dressed in a tux.

    ReplyDelete