On Thursday my daughter planned a trip for us to pick blueberries at Hillcrest Blueberry Farm.
http://hillcrestblueberryfarm.com/ I can't say that I recommend the last few days of the season and 100 degrees, but in spite of the heat we had a great time. We only picked one gallon of blueberries.
The blackberry fields were already closed, but we bought some. We also bought plums and different jellies. Bought a jar of strawberry nut honey butter. An unbelievably great topping. All I've put it on top of so far is a spoon. The "nut" is pecans.
They sold blueberry lemonade that was a great thirst quencher. Hopefully, next year we will remember to go in May.
http://hillcrestblueberryfarm.com/ I can't say that I recommend the last few days of the season and 100 degrees, but in spite of the heat we had a great time. We only picked one gallon of blueberries.
| The grandkids enjoyed checking out the berry picker. |
The blackberry fields were already closed, but we bought some. We also bought plums and different jellies. Bought a jar of strawberry nut honey butter. An unbelievably great topping. All I've put it on top of so far is a spoon. The "nut" is pecans.
They sold blueberry lemonade that was a great thirst quencher. Hopefully, next year we will remember to go in May.

I've never tried blueberry lemonade. I need to add that to my bucket list.
ReplyDeleteFun times. Blue berry sounds just great.
ReplyDeleteI do the raspberry trip like this.
Hello Charlotte
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.I see you are on etsy too.. I am also on etsy.
Your blog is colurful and enjoyed reading about the fun time you had with family.
Following you ..
Yummy...
ReplyDeleteI see Bridget was all dressed up to pick blue berries. She was smarter than I was I forgot my hat when I went black berry picking.I finished my blog about your visit.
ReplyDeleteSounds like yall had a great day :)
ReplyDeleteThe kids seemed to have lots of fun. I can imagine the heat too.. Picking the fresh fruits must be a wonderful experience! :D Hope you had a great Sunday. God bless! :D
ReplyDeleteLimited berry picking in Arizona, we have to buy them at outrageous prices. Don't even get me started on the cost of mushrooms.
ReplyDeleteI can't help but think of the book "Blueberries for Sal" when I saw this post. Sounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDelete