Our adopted feral stray cat gave birth to 4 kittens the last week of April.
I wrote a post about finding them and that I decided to bottle feed them so I could find homes for them. http://charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com/2012/05/surprise-on-my-doorstep.html
Well, I was successful in finding homes for all 4 kittens. My daughter, who lives just one house from me, took 2, Mittens and Cirus. Steve, a fellow school board member, adopted Panther, the first kitten I found on the doorsteps.
But July is time for summer vacations and guess who was asked to kitten sit. That's right, 3 kittens returned to spend the week with me.
I truly enjoyed the week because I missed the little rascals, but don't want to have them all the time. Kind of like having grandchildren. Love on them a while and send them home.
I wrote a post about finding them and that I decided to bottle feed them so I could find homes for them. http://charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com/2012/05/surprise-on-my-doorstep.html
Well, I was successful in finding homes for all 4 kittens. My daughter, who lives just one house from me, took 2, Mittens and Cirus. Steve, a fellow school board member, adopted Panther, the first kitten I found on the doorsteps.
But July is time for summer vacations and guess who was asked to kitten sit. That's right, 3 kittens returned to spend the week with me.
![]() |
| Mittens enjoyed lying right by the oven so I had to be careful not to step on her. |
| Panther spent most of the week being carried around by Kennedy. |
| Cirus was the most laid back kitten. He enjoyed long naps on the sofa. |
| My cat, Cloud, took the responsibility of Kitten Sitter. He never took his eyes off of them. |

They're so cute...I always think I want a cat..but only outside but my dogs won't allow it. There's no place for them to hide. Glad you found homes for all of them.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh they are adorable. Nice to kitten sit!
ReplyDeleteCirus looks like one cute kitty. Too bad Mrs. C. is allergic.
ReplyDeleteCute!
ReplyDeleteAnd that isn't a word I use often.
Cute, cute! And 4 is just a right-sized litter.
ReplyDelete