Saturday, August 13, 2011

News or Rumor of the Day


I had a truck cab filled with balloons for Kennedy's birthday party, which was at a park in Bossier that I was having to follow a printout from GoogleMaps to get to, and my phone rings with news/rumor that Superintendent Dawkins is resigning and taking a job in Atlanta.  "Have you heard this?" the caller inquires. "No, but I'll call the board president."  I said.  I've heard many rumors in my role as a school board member.  Some are just meant to be character assassinations, some are wishful thinking and many have an element of truth to them, but what element.  Before I can actually make the call, I get 2 more calls, and miss the turn off to the park.  Of course with the balloons, my visibility is limited and with these calls my driving ability is "distracted" at best.   By the time I turn around and find the correct street, I've left about 4 voice messages to fellow board members and a newspaper reporter asking if they have heard a rumor about Dr. Dawkins leaving Caddo. At one point I even gave out my personal e-mail password so a caller, who was infront of her computer, could look at my e-mail box to see if I had been sent an official e-mail on this news/rumor.  So if folks start getting disgusting e-mails from me, just know I really messed up giving that out. Rest assured,  I gave it to someone very trustworthy. As of this evening, I have received no official e-mail on the subject.


Well, the balloons and I made it to the party, but I continued to receive calls and make calls.

  Later a board member calls me saying, "Tell me it is true!" Another board member called me saying, "I'm a celebrity in Wal-Mart.  Everyone is coming up to me saying, 'Thank God he's gone', and I say who is gone?"  "So is it true Dawkins is leaving?"  

At first when I asked who the source was I was getting just one name, but soon there where many sources.  President Priest called me back and said the rumor is not true.  When I repeated what President Priest told me to others, I got these responses:  "She's lying." and "How did she sound when she said that, professional?"

I say, "Whatever. All the school system's money is gone.  The Middle Schools have been closed and the young children moved to High Schools. We have laid off over 300 school site employees; leaving the classrooms over crowded and school offices stripped.  We have employed 2 of his Saginaw buddies: one who lost his bid for his school board seat he had held for 20 years after the mess Dawkins caused in Saginaw and a CAO who can copy pages from textbooks." 

I always believe a thread of most rumors.  They tell me something, either about the teller of the rumor or the person being rumored about.  

What I can say is that the truth will be revealed SOON.


2 comments:

  1. Well good luck he should quite you all could fire him .

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that wonderful message spread like wildfire...then we were all so upset when he sent out a message that it wasnt true!

    ReplyDelete