You Are My Sunshine is the Louisiana State song. It was recorded February 5, 1940 by Governor Jimmy Davis who served as Governor of Louisiana for 2 terms in the mid 1930s. In fact I was lucky enough to attend his 100th Birthday party in Baton Rouge in 1999.
So that was my first thoughts when a fellow blogger Chubby Chatterbox http://thechubbychatterbox.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunshine-on-rainy-day.html sent me an email saying he had nominated me for the Sunshine Award. He writes a blog that never fails to be interesting and likely make you laugh quite hard. It's one of those you look forward to reading each day.
The rules of the Sunshine Blog Award are simple…
#1 Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to their blog.
#2 Answer a few questions about yourself.
Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite animal: Goats, but I'm sure if I could have a pet panda it would be be panda.
Favorite number: 7
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Lemonade
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I have a Twitter account, but never twitter--why do that?
My passion: Family, education, urban farming
Favorite flower: Star Gazer Lily
Favorite Book: Atlas Shrugged
Favorite painting: The Voyage of Life paintings by Thomas Cole
![]() |
| Voyage of Childhood |
![]() | |
| Voyage of Youth |
![]() |
| Voyage of Manhood |
![]() |
| Voyage of Old Age |
And finally, nominate a few other blogs and include links to them:
Here are my nominees:
#1. Gardening with Juanita gardeningwithjuanita.blogspot.com
#4. Hiawatha House http://hiawathahouse.blogspot.com
Feel free to paste this pretty award on your blogs to show that you’re held in high esteem. I hope I get more awards because there are other great bloggers I’d like to nominate.





Those paintings are fantastic! I hadn't seen them before. Thanks for passing the award on to me : ) I will have to look up out your favorite book also.
ReplyDeleteThanks Charlotte. I guess a post about snow deserves some sunshine. Interesting background to the song. I will see if my puzzler can follow all the steps in the procedure. You've given me some interesting leads.
ReplyDeleteThanks Charlotte! I appreciate the award & the fellow nominees. I enjoy those blogs as well! You do indeed make me happy when skies are gray...
ReplyDeleteThere is such an amazing depth to those paintings, love them. Off to check out the blogs listed :)
ReplyDelete