Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Present for Gigi

My fountain
My children and I went in together to buy my mother a fountain for her birthday.  I wanted to buy her one like I did for myself; but when I went back a month later they were sold out.  I like the sound it makes.  To me it sounds like water in a cave, but Bridget said it sound like a running toilet to her.
Anyway, we had to find a different one.  Bridget was the one to spot the fountain we bought for Mother.  It had roses on it and was light weight enough that she and I could deliver it and set it up.  Also, if Mom ever wants to move it, she can easily.







I just hope that Mother will enjoy it as much as Kennedy and Connor did. Mother wrote a post on our visit also on her blog @ http://gardeningwithjuanita.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcomed-visiters.html

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mom appreciated the fountain you gifted her, but I really love YOUR fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother, sister and I went together and bought an indoor fountain for our mother. She hated it because the sound of the water always made her want to pee. The three of us then had the chore of getting rid of the fountain so we began to rotate it among our homes for a year at a time. My brother has it now.

    Love the video of the boys playing in your mom's fountain. Amazing how entertaining water can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny story. I daughter said that about my fountain.

      Delete
  3. Everybody should have fountains. They are attractive and calming. Think of all the great fountains we build to attract people to an area.
    The kids show that they are attracted to the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how neat! (you made me laugh with the toilet running...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem with fountains is that when I hear them I always want to pee! Signs of an ageing bladder, I'm sad to say.

    ReplyDelete