Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Well, it's not over yet, but it's been a good day for me.  I slept very late.  I was determined to stay under the warm covers until well after the 24 degrees was a thing of the past.  About one o'clock I ventured out to the grocery store.  It had not crossed my mind that it was Friday the 13th.  I bought a buggy full.  As the fellow was pushing my buggy out the door, the ground beef that I bought to make chili, fell out and he ran over it with the buggy.  He was quite upset and started listing all the unlucky things that had happened to him today.  He had quite a list. He asked where my car was and for the keys and asked me if I would run back in and get another package. As he handed me the ripped package, I said, "Is it okay for me to just run in and get another pack?"  He said, "Oh sure."  But he looked in a bag and gave me the receipt just in case.  I could just see my bad luck of being accused of stealing hamburger.  Anyway, I went behind the meat counter and handed the lady the damaged pack and got another one.  But as I was walking straight out the door with the new pack, I was quite anxious about being stopped.  Good thing I was quick, because he was still upset and was having trouble figuring out how to open the back door of my truck.  He said he was going home as soon as he finished with me.  He really believed that his day was jinxed.

3 comments:

  1. I gave a test & judging by the ones I've graded thus far it's not looking like a lucky day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my. i thought your luck was going to change when you left your car and keys with him.....

    hopefully, he was able to get back on track.

    honestly, i don't even think about the 13th... it's just another day, good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor guy! He really does need to go home and wait it out. I try very hard not to give these superstitions a second thought - or I would end up just like him.

    ReplyDelete