Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Farm Name is Official

This one has the best logo.
About 6 months ago, I joined the ADGA.  Then I realized that wasn't the association that I meant to join, because all the shows around my area are sponsored by the NDGA. I have such a terrible handicap when using initials. My brain mixes up the order of the letters. Oh well, my goats will be double registered. So just before Christmas, I completed the on-line application to join the Nigerian Dwarf Goat Association and get a farm name and tattoo for the goats. I received my membership packet in the mail yesterday.  I had to enter 3 possible names for my farm.  The one I wanted was Thornhill Acre, after the name of the street I live on.  I got that, so now my blog is Charlotte's Menagerie and my little goat farm is Thornhill Acre.   To have an official certificate for my mini urban farm is fun.

4 comments:

  1. I love it that you have goats in town! I think that is so much fun. We are still planning on chickens this spring. Time to get the coop built I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like quite an accomplishment! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! very neat and 'official'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really something darling daughter have you added up what your "farm" has cost you? It is really an expencesive hoppy, now our little 5 acre farm your had did give everything we wanted to, meat, milk, butter,and veggies. Of coarse I spend some where in the nieghborhood of at 400.00 a year in my garden and can't eat any of. If I was a female goatI would fall head over heels for that Billy. He is the prettiest goat I have ever seen. I know you are having fun, it does not matter the cost. Glad you joined the club. But what did you plan on joining

    ReplyDelete