Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spending Time with the Goats



With rainy weather, meetings and everything else going on, I have not spent a lot of time brushing the goats.  I give them food and water and then rush on to other activities.  So today I decided to brush all four and trim their hooves if needed.  They were all great at standing on the milking stand and letting me do this. But I noticed that Billy Shakespeare, my 5 month old buck, really loved being brushed. So after he finished the food I put in the bucket for him, I let his free and he continued to stand perfectly still while I brushed him.  The girls don't do that.  He is so tame and such a baby.
 The video is a little strange, because I'm brushing him and holding the video camera.
I also got a video of Gypsy and Dottie Belle on the roof of the goat shack playing. 








Gypsy got up there first using the chair that is against the house. 
 
Gypsy is by far the smartest, most curious and, yes, mischievous one of the 3 girls.  It took Dottie Belle a long time to figure out how to get up there. 

 
 Honey Bunny never even tried.  She just found a warm spot to sun bathe.
 I know I have not painted their house yet.  I have the paint scraped on 2 of the 3 sides.  I will do it before summer.

9 comments:

  1. Okay - now we need one of those brushes : ) My goats thank you real big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so cute! the goat stomp is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tex, I wonder if Gypsy was signing in goat language.

      Delete
  3. You remind me of a time when we had a billy goat. Billy was a character and although it's fifty years ago we still remember stories about Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the great thing about blogging about grandchildren and animals. I have another post of Billy Shakespeare playing with my granddaughter. It is one of the best videos of children and animals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93pkKqMb_c&feature=g-upl&context=G270beb5AUAAAAAAAYAA

      Delete
  4. That is GREAT! Best video of the YEAR! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so pretty and I am glad he is nice. He may start butting everyone so watch Rose when she is out there. ours chased me when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so sweet. I wonder if mine would let me brush them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved goats. Great post! Coming from your link on Best Posts of the Week. :)

    ReplyDelete